Tuesday 21 June 2016

... you ever ...?


Answer:  
Had...studied (Answer 2)  

Solution:       

Had you ever studied Japanese before she immigrated to Japan?

Remark:   


Past Perfect Tense  

1. Past Perfect Tense

The form of Past Perfect tense: Had + Past Participle of the verb

We use the past perfect tense to show something happened before another action in the past.

Examples

1. Mark knew Kyoto very much because he had visited the city lost times. (Affirmative)

2. Had you ever studied Japanese before she immigrated to Japan? (Interrogative)

3. Had you seen the film before? (Interrogative)

4. Before he arrived at the bus stop, the bus had already left. (Affirmative)

5. After Mark had finished his homework, he played TV game. (Affirmative)



We also use the past perfect tense with non-continuous verbs to express the idea that something began in the past and continued until other things happened in the past.

Examples

1. Sarah had never been to Japan before last year. (Negative)

2. I had had that bicycle for two years before it broke down. (Affirmative)



The following examples show how to use the past perfect tense with the use of adverbs such as never, ever and so on.

Examples

1. Jeffrey said that he had never eaten scorpions before. (Negative)

2. My birthday last year was the best day I had ever had. (Affirmative)

3. My family had just slept when I got home.



We can also use the past perfect tense to talk about the conditions and wishes in the past that we wish we could change.

Examples

1. I wish I had been brave enough.


2. If I had had enough time, I would have helped you.

  

#grammar #learnenglish

📱 Grammar Test - Android  goo.gl/HQna9y
📱 Grammar Test - iOS goo.gl/B5Vchx

No comments:

Post a Comment